We are pleased to advise that three year subscriptions are now available.
Subscription rates for the year commencing 1st July 2012
Members who join in the period 1st January to 30th June in any year will have their subscription payment credited and will be fully paid members up to the end of the following full subscription year.
*Overseas Membership is available to Ordinary Members residing overseas for more than 12 months.
**Year 2013 Student Member - if you are an HDR student and this is your initial application to join the Society, and your supervisor is an ASBMB member (or application for membership is made along with your application), your first year of membership will be free.
Please download the membership form and post completed form to:
ASBMB National Office: PO Box 2331 Kent Town, SA 5071
OR fax to the National Office at 08 8362 0038 (within Australia) or 61 8 8362 0038 (outside of Australia)
Join the ASBMB and reap the benefits...
Special members' rates to attend ComBio
ComBio is ASBMB's national annual conference. The program always features prominent international speakers alongside a range of high calibre Australian presenters. Meeting themes cover a wide range of topics to appeal across a wide spectrum of interest to biochemists and molecular biologists. ComBio is a fantastic networking opportunity, through both scientific and social events. You can learn about cutting-edge technology at the huge trade exhibition run by our Sustaining Members. ComBio is run in conjunction with other societies. ASBMB members get a substantial reduction in the ComBio registration fee.
Subscription to the Australian Biochemist
ASBMB's magazine, the Australian Biochemist, is a colourful and informative publication that you will receive three times a year. Members will also have access to current issues of the Australian Biochemist Online. The Showcase on Research features a series of themed articles by Australian biochemists and molecular biologists. Keep informed about ASBMB events, personalities, awards, and more. Find out about the issues that matter in the Australian and global scientific communities.
Awards, Medals and Fellowships
ASBMB recognises excellence by providing several competitive Medals and Awards for members at varying stages of their scientific careers. Travel fellowships are also awarded to outstanding PhD students and postdoctoral researchers to further their scientific development.
ASBMB's Vital Activities
- We represent your interests at and provide contacts with other academic bodies, such as the Australian Academy of Science, IUBMB, FAOBMB, ASMR, FASTS, ANZSCDB, ASPS, and NZSBMB. Our representatives attend the annual Science Meets Parliament Day.
- Each State has an allocated fund to support relevant activities by members, such as symposia, workshops, and School Science competitions. ASBMB also supports the Lorne Protein, Cancer and Genome Conferences, as well as other conferences of relevance to members of this Society.
- Our Sustaining Members sponsor events, communicate the availability of new products and represent an interface with Industry.
- We sponsor a Heads of Department meeting to facilitate communication on research and teaching of biochemistry and molecular biology.
- We support numerous Special Interest Groups that run activities relevant to your interests.
- Our website has an employment section for jobseekers and employers.
Free Membership Eligibility
We offer free membership to first year HDR students whose supervisor is a current ASBMB member, and to retired members after continuous membership for 30 years.